There are thousands of mortgage brokers out there so finding one isn’t that difficult. However, finding a good one may be slightly trickier so it's vital you do your research before committing. For a broker to be able to get the best deal, it's a good start that they are independent and have access to a wide range of mortgage deals from the whole market instead of being tied to a bank with a restricted selection of products they can offer. To determine whether you have found good mortgage broker or not, consider the following things.
1) Will they find you the best deal that suits your personal circumstances?
2) Will they find you a flexible lender?
3) Do they charge a fixed fee, hourly rate or percentage?
4) Will they do the majority of chasing on your behalf?
5) Are they tied to an estate agent or lender?