What is a help to buy scheme?

The Help to Buy scheme is a government-backed equity loan that intends to make mortgages more available to those who cannot afford to put down a large deposit.

The Help to Buy scheme requires just a small deposit of 5% and a mortgage of up to 75% of the value of the property.

So you pay just 80% of the property price now, and the remaining 20% that is left is provided by a government loan. It is interest-free for the first 5 years which could make your initial monthly mortgage repayments significantly lower. This government scheme is open to everyone, whether you are a First Time Buyer or looking to move yourself up on the property ladder.

Back to FAQs

Mortgages made easy.

We make mortgage applications easier and pride ourselves on our professional and customer sentric approach to securing mortgages for our customers. We are online mortgage brokers. We are MO.

New Mortgage Remortgaging